Knowledge Base & Support
The import job is the first thing you need to run in a new Vercator Project. This takes data from your storage and processes it into an optimised form for Vercator to then visualise and process in a quick and efficient way.
ℹ️ Current requirements of this job:
- Imported point clouds used must be under 100 million points and 3GB per file.
- Imported data must be in the formats we support:
ptx*, pts*, e57*, las, laz, ply, Faro fls (files or raw folders), Z+F zfs, Riegl rdbx
* must be 1 scan per file only; pts must have the number of points in the first line then data as XYZIRGB or XYZI
- First we must import data either from Vercator storage or from third party attached storage. If you have no data uploaded then head to the files page to do this first. Then, click the + by ‘Create New Job’ on the top of the left-hand menu and pick ‘Import Data’ from the job type options.
- Then pick the data you wish to process using the file picker and press the Import button.
- The data will start being imported and will show a processing icon. This will take a few minutes depending on data size. You will see process on the right-hand side menu in the ‘Job Progress’ menu where a progress bar is available.
- Once completed successfully a green tick will appear by the data and the 3D view will load showing the data. This will allow it to be used for processing.